Cooking for two is boring -- I want to cook for the entire blogosphere!

Thursday, January 22

Ginger Tea

Being on a ginger kick means having a lot of ginger around the house to use up. I can only eat so many ginger-and-garlic stirfrys, so it's lucky I came across this recipe for ginger tea in this month's Better Homes and Gardens (I wasn't even in the dentist's office - through some twist of fate, I subscribe!). It's soothing for the stomach and the mind, too, if you ask me.

Ginger Tea

3-4 quarter inch slices fresh ginger
2 long lemon peels (2-inch each)
1 tsp honey (or more, or less, depending on taste and the size of yer mug)
1 sprig rosemary (if you have some around the house)

All of the above goes in a small tea pot or your big tea mug. Boil some water, and let the tea steep about 5 minutes, longer if you like a spicier flavor.

Better Homes and Gardens also recommended doubling or tripling this recipe, steeping a big pot of tea in a pot or saucepan, cooling it, then serving with sparkling water for a ginger seltzer. Haven't tried this, but my guess is if you doubled the amount of honey it would be divine. Like homemade ginger ale!

No comments: